Not all braces are made of highly noticeable metal brackets and wires. In fact, many of today’s braces are made with either clear brackets, or natural tooth-colored brackets, to provide patients with an attractive, less noticeable alternative to traditional braces.
What are the advantages and disadvantages to clear braces?
As with any orthodontic treatment, it is important to choose the right option for your needs and your lifestyle. Clear braces are a great alternative to traditional metal braces; however, you and your orthodontist will know if they are the right treatment for you.
Advantages to clear braces:
- Appearance: clear braces are much less noticeable than traditional metal braces.
- Confidence: many patients who choose clear braces feel more confident about their orthodontic treatment. Clear braces offer an aesthetic alternative for people seeking options other than traditional metal braces.
Disadvantages to clear braces:
- Cost: clear braces may cost more than traditional metal braces. Your orthodontist may offer convenient payment plans to help control the costs of your treatment. Be sure to talk to your orthodontist about all of your financial options.
What is the difference between clear braces and clear aligners?
Clear braces are a less noticeable alternative to traditional metal braces, and provide patients with an equally effective treatment.
Clear aligners are different from clear braces. Clear aligners are pieces of hard plastic that are designed to fit into your mouth like a mouthguard. Clear aligners are great for patients requiring minor orthodontic treatment.
Our office is pleased to introduce In-Ovation C as an alternative to traditional metal braces. In-Ovation C braces provide patients with:
- Superior aesthetics – the brackets are smaller in size so people will notice you and your beautiful smile and not your braces!
- Shorter appointments, fewer adjustments, and reduced treatment time.
- Greater comfort – no wires or bands.
- Improved facial proportion and appearance.
- Beautiful, aesthetic, and confident results!
In-Ovation C braces are a great alternative to traditional metal braces, while still helping you achieve the beautiful smile that you’ve always wanted.
Are clear braces the right choice for me and my smile?
By talking to your orthodontist, you can decide if clear braces are the best option for you. Your orthodontist can provide answers to your questions and extra information so that you can understand all the advantages and disadvantages of clear braces. If you would like to learn more about clear braces, and all of the options available to you, please contact our practice and schedule an appointment today.