Dr. Susan Eslambolchi, DDS, D. (Ortho), FRCD (C)
- Graduated with honors from the University of Toronto Dental School in 1990
- After an internship at the Toronto General Hospital, practiced general dentistry in North York for a year
- Obtained her orthodontic specialty training at the University of Toronto (Certified Specialist in Orthodontics)
- Awarded the American Association of Orthodontists Award of Special Merit for her research on mandibular incisor crowding at the annual American Association of Orthodontists convention in 1995
- Owned and operated her own private orthodontic practice from 1995-2008 in Toronto
- Taught at the University of Toronto Dental School for six years in the Department of Orthodontics
- In March of 2008, Dr. Eslambolchi had a publication in theAmerican Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedicsthat was chosen as the Editors Choice
- Dr. Eslambolchi is proudly a member of the Hamilton Academy of Dentistry, as well as the American Association of Orthodontists, Canadian Association of Orthodontists, Ontario Association of Orthodontists, and a fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada
- Dr. Eslambolchi continues to learn by being a contributing editor to the Virtual Journal of Clinical Orthodonticsand serving as an examiner for the Royal College of Dentists of Canada.
- In her leisure time, Dr. Eslambolchi enjoys spending time with her husband, Mo, and their two daughters, Lily and Nina, as well as playing Scrabble
Dr. Pourang Rahimi, DDS, MSD, FRCD (C)
- Grew up in Montreal where he obtained his dental degree from McGill University in 1990
- Held a position at Montreal Children’s Hospital where he treated children from birth to adolescence. During that time, Dr. Rahimi also practiced as a private dentist, providing services for all age groups
- Obtained his orthodontic specialty training at Boston University (Certified Specialist in Orthodontics)
- In addition to being a member of the Hamilton Academy of Dentistry, Dr. Rahimi is a member of the Ontario Association of Orthodontists, both the Canadian and the American Association of Orthodontists, and a fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada
- Dr. Rahimi and his wife, Afsoon, live with their daughter, Rebecca, and their son, Darian
- Dr. Rahimi is fluent in French, English and Persian, and also speaks some Spanish
- Outside work, Dr. Rahimi is usually with his family enjoying various activities such as skiing. In the summer time, Dr. Rahimi is an avid golfer
Dr. Mary-Ellen Polymeris, BSc(Hons), DDS, MClD, FRCD(C)
- Obtained her Honours Bachelor of Science in Pharmacology and her Doctor of Dental Surgery with Honours from the University of Toronto.
- Was the recipient of numerous awards for academic achievement, clinical excellence, patient care, and leadership. Upon graduation, Dr. Polymeris was inducted into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honour Dental Society.
- Following dental school, Dr. Polymeris migrated West to complete a one-year General Practice Residency at the University of Alberta Hospital. While in Edmonton, Dr. Polymeris gained advanced training in the dental management of medically-compromised patients as well as patients with special needs and craniofacial anomalies. Dr. Polymeris also participated in the remote areas satellite dental clinic program, where she provided dental services to the rural and under served communities of northern Alberta.
- Family ties brought Dr. Polymeris back to Toronto, where she worked as a General Dentist in private practice for one year.
Went on to complete her orthodontic training and Masters of Clinical Dentistry at the University of Western Ontario, where she was awarded the Dr. Bryan Smith Graduate Award in Orthodontics for her overall performance in the program.
Has been actively involved in basic science research throughout her academic career. She has co-authored numerous publications and has presented her research in bone biology in national and international forums.
- Dr. Polymeris is a Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada and a member of the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario, the Canadian Association of Orthodontists, and the American Association of Orthodontists.
- When not at the office, she enjoys being active, cooking, traveling, and spending time with family and friends. Dr. Polymeris is thrilled to be a part of the Red Hill Orthodontics team and looks forward to meeting all our patients and their families at their next appointment!